Wednesday, August 16, 2006
A Laugh-ly Story, A very bad pun
I'm surprised I haven't blogged about this yet, but this is a true story that happened to someone I know and I've been repeating it to all my friends ad naseum.
I'm going to substitute the names of the people involved with A, B, C, and Donkey. (Donkey, is of course, the butt of the joke, hence the name.)
Right. So A, B, C and Donkey are in this nature reserve in T-------. They go to this seal enclosure, and everywhere around this enclosure, there are signs all over the place saying, "Do not extend any body parts into the seal enclosure", and of course the friendly keepers repeat this crucial piece of information (you guessed it) ad naseum. Donkey goes right up to the seal enclosure, sticks her hand and wrist over it, and immediately this seal leaps right out of the water and sinks its teeth into her wrist, hanging on for dear life. A, B and C stand behind Donkey, nearly killing themselves from laughing so hard. The keeper who comes to help is furious. "I told you not to do that!!!"
Poor Donkey. I hope those seal teeth didn't leave any scars.
Then A,B,C and Donkey head off to another part of the reserve. There's a grassy area where wild kangeroos are free to roam and graze. At one corner, stands a giant red kangeroo. Red kangeroos can grow up to enormous sizes. I mean, these things can be up to 1.8m tall just standing (or would that be sitting, given the unique physiology of kangeroos) Anyway, the friendly keepers issue a warning, do not go near that kangeroo. Donkey disobeys this, walks up to the kangeroo, looks it straight in the face and goes, "hmm." Then she turns around, but before she can walk away, giant kangeroo lifts its arms and gives Donkey what is possibly the biggest marsupial hug in the history of inter human-animal relationships, and refuses to let go. I would scream my head off, but the image I get in my head is of Donkey calmly going, "Hmm. A Kangeroo is hugging me. Now, let me think, what should I do?" And of course, the keepers are furious. Because they you know, warned everyone not to go near the bloody giant kangeroo!!!
Poor Donkey. I hope those strong kangeroo arms didn't leave any nasty bruises.
Now Donkey has to answer nature's call, badly. Unfortunately, there isn't a proper toilet around, and the nearest one is quite a drive away. A, B and C want to take a last look at another animal exhibition, and Donkey goes along, hoping it'll take her mind off a bursting bladder. They arrive at the hippo exhibit. And at that very moment the hippo lifts its hind leg and shoots out a pungent, golden stream of urine. So much for taking Donkey's mind off... things.
Poor Donkey. I hope she made it in time.
I'm going to substitute the names of the people involved with A, B, C, and Donkey. (Donkey, is of course, the butt of the joke, hence the name.)
Right. So A, B, C and Donkey are in this nature reserve in T-------. They go to this seal enclosure, and everywhere around this enclosure, there are signs all over the place saying, "Do not extend any body parts into the seal enclosure", and of course the friendly keepers repeat this crucial piece of information (you guessed it) ad naseum. Donkey goes right up to the seal enclosure, sticks her hand and wrist over it, and immediately this seal leaps right out of the water and sinks its teeth into her wrist, hanging on for dear life. A, B and C stand behind Donkey, nearly killing themselves from laughing so hard. The keeper who comes to help is furious. "I told you not to do that!!!"
Poor Donkey. I hope those seal teeth didn't leave any scars.
Then A,B,C and Donkey head off to another part of the reserve. There's a grassy area where wild kangeroos are free to roam and graze. At one corner, stands a giant red kangeroo. Red kangeroos can grow up to enormous sizes. I mean, these things can be up to 1.8m tall just standing (or would that be sitting, given the unique physiology of kangeroos) Anyway, the friendly keepers issue a warning, do not go near that kangeroo. Donkey disobeys this, walks up to the kangeroo, looks it straight in the face and goes, "hmm." Then she turns around, but before she can walk away, giant kangeroo lifts its arms and gives Donkey what is possibly the biggest marsupial hug in the history of inter human-animal relationships, and refuses to let go. I would scream my head off, but the image I get in my head is of Donkey calmly going, "Hmm. A Kangeroo is hugging me. Now, let me think, what should I do?" And of course, the keepers are furious. Because they you know, warned everyone not to go near the bloody giant kangeroo!!!
Poor Donkey. I hope those strong kangeroo arms didn't leave any nasty bruises.
Now Donkey has to answer nature's call, badly. Unfortunately, there isn't a proper toilet around, and the nearest one is quite a drive away. A, B and C want to take a last look at another animal exhibition, and Donkey goes along, hoping it'll take her mind off a bursting bladder. They arrive at the hippo exhibit. And at that very moment the hippo lifts its hind leg and shoots out a pungent, golden stream of urine. So much for taking Donkey's mind off... things.
Poor Donkey. I hope she made it in time.